Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Saadiyat Island Beach Golf by Gary Player

My first round at one of Abu Dhabi's finest courses - Saadiyat Island Beach Golf Course.
Designer: Gary Player
Owner: TDIC Abu Dhabi
Tel: +971 2 557 8000
Green fees: 375 AED walk-in (Summer rate), 320 AED or RM$260 (Purchase 5 rounds)
 

Very professional and excellent practise facilities, I could get used to having a pyramid of range balls at my disposal as well as hitting off fairway :-)
 

The personalised touch starts with the lockers with our names, and extends itself to the buggies which also have our names :-) Seems they are trying to give visitors a "member of the day" experience, and I can say that in most part - It was successful! Ice-cold towels on every other hole, ice-lollies at the mid-point and friendly marshalls.

Yes ... it was an early morning tee-off at 6.50am, to try and avoid the mad summer heat here. The forecast was 46C, eeeep!
 

Here are more shots of our round - a great time for AM, EL and MA .. as well as myself, I started off beautifully with 2 pars in the first 4 holes, but then the heat got to me ... I eventually shot 103. Not bad, lar!
 
  

Just one of the 60 bunkers in play at the Gary Player designed course!
 

AM and myself were reminded time and again how links-like some of the holes on this waterfront-side course was!
 
 
 

A few more memories of this rather special golf course :-) Cheers from Abu Dhabi!

1 comment:

Ciki said...

i wish i could play golf! nice shots!