Saturday, November 13, 2010

Linkin Park rocks Abu Dhabi, Yas Island

50 million albums sold worldwide, 2 Grammys, and now Linkin Park finally makes it to Abu Dhabi :-)

This was the post-Qualifying Session concert near Ferrari World, at the Concert Arena of the Yas Marina F1 circuit. Doors opened at 6pm, but I only got there at 8:50pm, 15 minutes before Linkin Park took to stage :-)


Unmistakable scream and angst of Chester Bennington, who has been with LP since 1999. And the enigmatic founding-member of LP Mike Shinoda.


Compared to the more subdued atmosphere at Kanye West last night, Linkin Park ROCKED Abu Dhabi :-) LP played stuff from all their albums, Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight and their latest offering from Sept 2010, A Thousand Suns.


It was incredible, I loved Crawling ... and the angst of Numb. Brilliant!


The mighty chorus of In The End brought the house down!
And as I was leaving, Somewhere I Belong was equally impressive. Wow!


Coaches that way to Shahama, for those who parked there and are heading to (or from)
Dubai ... or you could head to Zayed Sports City quite quickly as well. Much better organisation by the Yas Marina Circuit team this year, compared to the shambles last year!

4 comments:

Misi said...

nice photos,
do you have any videos from the show ?

Ciki said...

i wanna party in AD!!

Julian Si said...

Cumi/Ciki - You must be the only one!!

Misi - Thanks. I only shot 2 or 3 videos, but they are huge, over 80 megs. So I didn't post them!

witsandnuts said...

I was at the center front row. Shook hands with Mike Shinoda. I will forever have the LP high. Hahaha. I've recently just blogged about the concert because I had a difficult time sorting out the plenty of pictures. ;)