Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Legendary Meng Kee Char Siew - Jalan Alor, KL

On a recent stay-over in KL, bbG took me to the legendary Meng Kee ...


Add: Meng Kee Char Siew@ Alor Kopitiam, Jalan Alor, KL
Located: Next to Nova Hotel
Tel 1: +6017 6388 648
Tel 2: +6016 9093 721

Three of the pillars of good chicken rice ... Chilli and Rice... and Steamed Chicken too of course. I found the chilli to be good, the rice to be reasonably good, and the chicken to be smooth and succulent. Pretty darn good!



A friend once described a tasty vege diet ... Have Taugeh ... with Charsiew :-) NICE! Wasn't particularly impressed by the Char Siew, perhaps the cut we got was a little lean. I prefer Spring Golden, in Shah Alam ... bliss! The Taugeh on the other hand was blanched perfectly, bravo!


The definitive makan blog, Masak-masak says it best ... The test is always in the taste and one must admit that the char siu isn't as great as long ago - no melt in the mouth stickiness taste I look for and the cut they gave me was way too lean (even though I asked for half fat/half meat). Honestly, the Glenmarie version is much better, if one has to pick between the two outlets.

No comments: