Monday, September 28, 2009

Japanese-sque S&B Golden Curry and Jelly with Lychee

Way back in 1995 ... My dear bro, Ron, took me to a little Japanese eatery in the backstreets of London's Chinatown. There I grew to love Golden Curry aka Japanese sweet-style curry, sometimes served with chicken and veg, but more often served over a delicious piece of battered-pork chop :-)

Years later ... I decided to cook this dish for my dear bbG :-) Here is the result!


S&B's website describes this easy to use curry mix which comes in a tray, not dis-similar to an ice tray in the fridge!
Traditional Japanese curry sauce mix.
Long-time seller in Japan and the best selling curry sauce mix in the USA. Its best harmony of spices and herbs had set the standard of Japanese style curry.


Crunchy, fresh, delicious stir fried cabbage


What a treat :-) bbG prepared some Lychee Jelly!

3 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

I love Japanese food but still in two minds about their curries. Maybe I just need to try some really good version of it? :)

Julian Si said...

Sweet, and a little odd espesh if compared to indian and malaysian curries .. but I like it :-)

Not sure where one can find a good one in M'sia .. any tips?

Ciki said...

wotis bbG? and the food looks delicious;)