Saturday, January 10, 2009

Opus Bistro, Jalan Bangkung - Bangsar

Add: 67, Jalan Bangkung, Bukit Bandaraya, Bangsar, KL
Tel: +603 2092 4288
Opening hours: Mon – Sun 12 pm – 3 pm , 6 pm – 12 am

It had been close to two years since my last visit to this Jalan Bangkung establishment, which has evolved to become an institution in its own right ... so it was time for a revisit!

Grilled Portobello mushrooms salad , RM$24 - I loved this!
Pesto soup with Mussels and Seabass , RM$25 - This was special and delicious :-)


Roasted Cod Fish , RM$56 - Hmm, do I detect hints of the fish being over-cooked?


Angel hair Pasta with Foie Gras , RM$55 - Diced mushrooms and chunky tomato pieces with hints of red peppercorn tossed in the Angel hair pasta (Which if I was to be picky, has to be commented that it could have been more "al dente") with two chunks of delicious Foie Gras. Lovely!

3 comments:

boo_licious said...

hmmm, wish I saw this earlier. I was planning to visit Opus Bistro this weekend too. Never mind, there is always next weekend.

Ms. Jazz said...

helo julian, we went to opus yesterday, its a nice place to dine, love the cod fish!

Julian Si said...

Cheers, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and glad to hear you had your new year meal at Opus. Its a classic restaurant :-)

The choco-lava dessert is great, tell the chef Julian sent you and "make it great!".

ps - Nice writeup on Porto Romano, I must get out there one of these days ... when I am back in KL of course!