Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nak Won - Korean BBQ at Taman Desa, Old Klang Road

Add: Nak Won @ Taman Desa. 7-1-1, Jalan 3/109F, Taman Danau Desa, KL
Tel: +603 7987 3004

Branch 1: Hartamas Square Foodcourtnear Coffee Bean
Branch 2: A11-1-1, Jalan Ampang Utama 2/2, Business Ave., Ampang Jaya, KL
Tel: +603 4253 4249

One of the highlights of a Korean meal, in my humble opinion, besides the taste and healthiness, is the freebies ... check out the array of complimentary side dishes :-)


The steamed egg in hotpot was also complimentary, but I too found it rather dry, and I would rather have Japanese-style chawan mushi!


Claypot beef aka Bulgogi , RM$20 - I loved this!

Stone rice aka Bibimbap , RM$15 - Delicious too!


Marinated pork rib BBQ , RM$26 - Pretty good!

Barley (with perhaps something like Gula Kundur) to wash down the meal ... once again, complimentary.
The bill came up to RM$70, though the list price was RM$73.70, nice to have food rounded DOWN for once. Overall, a good meal, and thanks to AH for bringing me to her local Korean!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Was browsing through your page on Korean food and I thought maybe I'd suggest you to visit "Korean Restaurant" (that's the name) in SS2. You can see it right by the roadside, behind the police station, same row as the durian stalls. Food is good, and service is superb.

Wanted to send you PM instead of a comment but couldn't see where I can do that. :)