Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bak Kut Teh - The bowl variety, Teluk Pulai Klang

Update! Chinese New Year opening hours ...
Teluk Pulai Pottery BKT is closed from 25th - 30th January 2008

Needs no introduction, nor a map I reckon ... this is Teluk Pulai Pottery Bak Kut Teh at the mecca of BKT ... Taman Rashna, Klang. Better known as the area adjacent to Menara Trend (ING and Maybank are the key tenants), off the Federal Highway as one enters into Klang town.
Most people have the claypot version when they visit, but I prefer the purist's version of the bowl variety! Here's pai kuat and tai-kuat :-) DEEEeeeelicious!


With two servings of Poh Lay Sang Choy and Oyster sauce, the bill came up to a not-so-cheap RM$35. Char Wong was the choice of tea for the day.
Comments all around that the rice here is wonderful, fragrant and of perfect texture ... I agree!

9 comments:

worldwindows said...

My favourite BKT but usually order the claypot. I go for the sai-kuat and spare pats.

Anonymous said...

my fav BKT place too :) ... BKT never look so good before until i see the pics tht u took. Gd job Jules!!

Julian Si said...

Thanks 4 the feedback :-)
I used to go "claypot" too , but recently developed a taste for the "pure-r" and more simple BKT i.e. in a BOWL!

Have a good week ahead!

MiCh3JJ3 said...

May I know exactly which shop? Because there are too many BKT around Tmn Rashna... I get so confused...

Julian Si said...

Teluk Pulai Pottery Bak Kut Teh, pink sign ... can't miss it :-)

Its outlet closest to the open air car park next to the main road!

MiCh3JJ3 said...

Did you get to know their opening time?

I've tried once at night but it was closed...

If you do visit it again, pls help me to ask ya.

Thanks~

Julian Si said...

From my observations, and visits at all times of the day over the past many years ...

07:00am till 02:30pm

They do not open for business in the evenings :-(

MiCh3JJ3 said...

Oh.. that's too bad..

Then I guess I'll have to wake up earlier to grab the chance to taste it.

Thanks for the info.

I like your blog very much and those photos are awesome!

^.^

Julian Si said...

Thanks for the kind comments :-) Happy eating!