Saturday, April 12, 2008

VW Passat - Test Drive

VW Passat 2.0T FSi
Engine: 4 cylinder Petrol, Turbo FSi
Capacity: 2 litres
Max Output: 200 BHp @ 5,100 RPM


Parking: Front and rear sensors
Lights: Adaptive static and dynamic cornering Bi-xenon headlights



Gearbox: 6 speed automatic, with Tiptronic
Top Speed: 230 km/h
Acceleration (0-100 km/h): 7.8 seconds
Tyres: 7 1/2J x 17" , 235/45 R17
Safety: ESP, ABS, EDL, and TCS
Features: Press and Drive electronic ignition switch,
Electronic Parking Brake with Hold function,
Rain sensor.
Seats: Vienna leather seat upholstery,
12 way electrically adjustable front seats (Memory/Massage function)



What I do like ... the huge boot! Unlike the Golf, I could put a set or FOUR of golf clubs in here!


Price: RM$200,000
Regular price is over RM$230,000 ... But VW Malaysia is clearing their 2007 stock,
with zero miles on the clock. Good value!
Test drive experience:
This was actually my last drive of the VW Experience Day, after the Eos, R32 and GTi. So I really had to 'reset' my mind and expectations as this was a 'proper' family mobile ... but know what? I was impressed! The engine was excellent, pulls smoothly, so smoothly that I didn't realise that it could achieve a sub-8 second 0-100 km/h sprint. The gearbox, whilst it wasn't a DSG unit, was rather smooth, no complaints at all.
I loved the ammenities and all the creature comforts in the car, such as the all-electric seats, with aircon vents IN the seats (which I didn't try!!), the front and rear parking sensors, the BMW E60 5-series-like-keyless-start, blah blah blah ... there were a LOT of toys!
The huge boot was a major PLUS point as well, pity it didn't come with GPS (Sat Nav) as standard.

No comments: