Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cameron Highlands - Ye Olde Smokehouse

Ye Olde Smokehouse in Cameron Highlands, just down the road from the golf course (On the roadfrom Tanah Rata heading towards Brinchang), is a luxurious English inn, with ivy-covered stone walls, multiple fire places, and timber frames.
Closing my eyes, I could imagine I was back in England! SERIOUSLY!
Even got to tour a couple of the rooms, with rates ranging from just under 400 ringgit to over 800 bucks for the even more well appointed rooms, which have fireplaces!


The interior ... and a couple of the rooms


The vintage phone booth adjacent, and the gardens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Cameron Highlands secret.. Bala's Inn. They have the most amazing gardens, unfortunately the best spots are exclusive for in-house guests only. Accommodation there is very decent and cosy with 3 star prices. Since I found it, I have tea there instead of the smokehouse!