Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lorong Macallister, various famous goodies in Penang

The morning after ... 16th June 2007
Penang is a beautiful island, and I had a great view of the E&O from my hotel ... as well as a view of the Penang Bridge.


Then it was on to a very hearty breakfast ... I loved the fried kuay in dark sauce (Someone let me know the Penang Hokkien name, please!), found the chee cheong fun with har-koh interesting, simply average Kuay Teow Teng (Soup), didn't quite enjoy the bland Penang Curry Mee / Laksa, and enjoyed the Otak Otak. The Otak Otak lady was very interesting, and even gave me a card, that described, "Nyonya Banana Leaf Original Otak @ RM$2 ... Mummy Fang, H/P 017-4710430" She claims to distribute her Otak to placves as far as KL, Johore, Ipoh, and Bukit Mertajam.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's enjoyable to read ur blog..
ya.. the "fried koay in dark source" u mentioned is called "char koay kak" in penang.. koay in cube is so call "koay kak".